Seeking scary storytellers
Join the Team
- Accepting applications for all cities
- Improv comedy or stage experience
- A passion for captivating storytelling
- A love for true crime podcasts
- A connection or interest in the paranormal realm
- Customer service skills
- Ability to memorize information quickly
- A flair for performance
- Great at giving and receiving feedback
Is this you?
The tour guide, as the face of Haunt, brings theatrical entertainment and genuine compassion for guests.
A natural performer and engrossing storyteller, they can captivate large groups, even on bustling city streets at night.
With a love for all things ghostly, they’re familiar with ghost TV shows, podcasts, movies, and hunting gear.
Open to feedback, they recognize coaching as key to growth, ensuring that experiences constantly meet our high standards.
Their genuine empathy and commitment to care will make guests feel taken care of, fostering an exciting and unique experience.
After you apply (see application above), we’ll see if it feels like a fit.
- Zoom screening interview: We’ll ask questions about your interest, availability, and improv skills.
- Record a 8 minute speech from our tour (we’ll provide the script)
- Join a tour: See the tour in action as an observer, then as an audition.
- Learn the tour stories (pays $500: half mid-training, half upon completion).
- Ideally you’re up and leading your own tours within 3 weeks!
More than any other ghost tour we know of!
Pay starts at $120 for a 2.5 hour shift.
Tips/gratuities are customary, and will be a significant part of your income.
This tour takes place in big cities after dark.
There are occasionally interruptions or encounters with street folks, hecklers and drunks who may attempt to derail the tour.
This is the main challenge, and we are looking for tour guides who are confident to handle these encounters and keep your tour group feeling safe.
Nope, our tours are in English only for now (but we might be interested if you feel confident to lead in another language!)
We are artists and like to arrange a schedule that fits your lifestyle! To do this, we set our schedule 1-2 months in advance.
Once you’ve confirmed/accepted shifts, it is your responsibility to get these covered if needed. Ideally, we have more guides than tours, so that you’ll be able to get your tour covered by a fellow guide.
We are currently seeking guides who can work 1-2 shifts a week, which may increase during peak season.
We lead tours year-round, rain or shine. These are popular even during “low season” on weekends, and are particularly busy June through October, and during holiday weeks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc).
We ask that you schedule extended vacations outside of these times.
- Cash tips
- Vacation Pay: You will accrue 8% of hours paid to be used as Paid Time Off
- Professional Development: $40/month reimbursement for ghost/paranormal/true crime research
Ideally you would have flexible daytime availability (there are occasional private daytime tour requests).
The vast majority of shifts (including private tours) will start at 5pm or later.
The latest tours we run are generally 8pm (ends around 9:45pm).